Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

LOOTCRATE REVIEW: MAY 2014

No comments:
 
Hey guys! So, I already told you about Loot Crate here, the subscription box you receive every month for $20 (or 30$ for non-us residents) full of geek stuff. 

In my continuing effort to stay on top of the latest geek culture trends, I subscribed for 3 months to give you guys a proper review about Loot Crate and how they keep - or not, giving you what you expect of them every month. For this month, the theme was Adventure, celebrating heroes and companions from Zelda, Minecraft and Adventure Time, along with other cool things.
When you receive the box - I forgot to mention this on my last article - it's very underwhelming. Why? Because the box is so tiny, you can hardly imagine 6 to 8 items to fit in it. Anyways, I finally received my May box and, at first,  I wondered where my information booklet was, but it turns out that Loot Crate is now doing a 'digital zine' of their magazine. Here is what was included:
Legend of Zelda Shirt (value ~20$): Exclusif 'Link' shirt for looters! I was very excited about this shirt because I'm a big Zelda fan. It's a medium for women and fit just right (I'm really tiny and normally wear small).
Adventure Time tins with a collectible character (value: ~7$): I'm so happy I got Finn! I really love adventure time and how weird this show is. 
Minecraft Zombie hanger (value: ~6$): Minecraft, oh dear Minecraft. I used to be really addicted to this game (I don't have the time to play anymore)! Still, It's a nice addition to my gazillion keychains. 
Zelda bottle opener: Another lootcrate exclusive item. It's so cool and cute. I'm always searching for a bottle opener so now I have one that I can always bring with me (another addition to my gazillion keychains)
The Friend Zone Soundtrack (value: ~10$): I didn't listen to this soundtrack yet, and I'm not so sure about it either haha. I know nothing about this show other than it's one youtube. 
Curator and Captain Sparklez stickers + Markiplier tats: In the crate, there were also sticker set (from Polaris and Maker) along with two tattoos from youtuber Markiplier and Captain Sparklez stickers! I'm not incredibly excited about those items, but I'm happy. 

Overall feeling: I'm quite happy with this crate. I madly love the zelda tee shirt, the adventure time tin and figurine as well as the keychains. The box has a value of approximately 43$+, so I definitely spend my money right. It's my second box from Lootcrate and can't wait for the June one (still don't know the theme yet). 





No comments:

Post a Comment