Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

«Happiness only real when shared»

No comments:
 

'Wanderlust' is tattooed on my wrist as well as a paper plane. This may sounds a LOT like a cliché, but I'm not the kind of girl who got tattooed the word 'Wanderlust' because I thought it sounded cool and that, in reality, I've only been in Cuba in my life. Or Dominican Republic. Hell no! (no hard feelings) This passion started some years ago when I told my parents that If I didn't get out of my country, I'll probably end up dead or something (I was kind of a drama queen). But I was not kidding. There was a time where I wasn't really happy and I needed some change, but didn't had the guts to do so. Two years ago, I went to London with my best friend for a month to visit his cousin who lives there and it was like a revelation to me. I was (and still am) in love with this magnificent city. Everything feels so unreal. We also visited a part of Scotland and, damn, I was literally crying at the beauty of the scenery. It felt like I was in Lord of the rings or something. When our trip was over, I knew that I had to go back. I, then, met my girlfriend and we planned to go there to work and travel a bit. A 2 years visa for the uk, months of preparations, a trip to New York with my parents and a 9 hours flight later, we were in the city of my dreams. My bubble burst not so long after that. London is expensive. I mean, REALLY expensive. I'm not poor and had a good amount of money with me, but when you haven't finished your studies yet and you can only apply for student jobs, it sucks. (and the transport system is much more expensive if you live far away from the city centre = $ public transport fees + $$$ rent VERSUS $$$ public transport + $ rent.... you can't win.) Food is really cheap though if you compare to Canada. ANYHOW. After months spent working for a small amount of money in London & Scotland (yes, we also lived in Edinburgh), we decided that we were really lucky in Canada even if it's not the beautiful city of London or Edinburgh. We did a little detour in the dreamy city of Paris and then, went home. I quickly realised that home is really where your heart is, and in my case, it's in North America where my family is. It doesn't matter how much I love to travel; I really don't want to live somewhere else. At least, not for now. 

Here's some pictures of New York, Paris, London and Edinburgh.




And you, what's the city of your dream? And just so you know, I'm searching for a co-blogger. Informations here.


See you later. x



No comments:

Post a Comment