Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

LOOTCRATE REVIEW: APRIL 2014

No comments:
 
As a big collector (especially figurines and geek things like that), when one of my friend told me about Loot Crate, I quickly started to believe that there's probably a God. "Loot Crate is the monthly gear and swag club for those that live and embrace the geek and gaming lifestyle." In other words, for less than 20$ per month (with possibility of 3 and 6 months subscription for 55,11$ or 105,99$), Loot Crate send you every month a box filled with 6 to 8 geek items, from collectibles, to stickers, and sometimes there’s even a t-shirt, which are kept secret until the boxes are delivered; all you know is the theme of the month. 

As a canadian, the prices are a little less interesting (30$, 84$ or 162$ for 1, 3 or 6 months), but still, it's a 40$+ retail value in every crate so I was like "why not?" and I also love surprises!!

This month's theme was 'Dragons' and since GOT is back in our TVs, I was definitely hoping for some Game of thrones stuff. 
Some exclusive contents from Westeros to Skyrim with interviews and facts about dragons.
Bonus collectible pin!
20 sided stress dice for all those annoying moments in your life and a 20 sided polyhedral dice for all those tough decisions:  should I watch one more hour of tv series on Netflix or eighteen? 
Elder Scrolls online exclusive figurine; just for looters! You won't find it anywhere else!
Dragon jerky; provisions for those long days traveling in the world of Skyrim!
My little favorite: Game of thrones mystery mini figurine. I got Jon Snow so I'm really happy (this one or Daenerys were my two first choice, so it was a happy surprise!) 
Dragon slayer tag
Dragon shield screen cleaner 
Overall feeling: I'd say this box has a value of about 30$, but a lot of items are exclusive so that can definitely add to the value of the box. I was also hoping for more GOT items, so I was a little disappointing. Do I still love the principle of Loot Crate? Totally. Even if I pay more than USA residents (damn you, Canada!), I already subscribed for three other months! So at least three other Loot Crate reviews guys! ;) Oh and, I also found another company that does the same thing as Loot Crate (monthly mystery package for nerds), so keep your eyes open!



No comments:

Post a Comment