Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Review: Nerdblock - May 2014

No comments:
 
Hey Everyone! Kimberley last month told you about Loot Crate and how awesome the first loot she received was. This time, I'm also here to talk to you about a monthly subscription for geeks and gamers.

Dying to know what I'm talking about? Nerd Block! The price for Nerd Block: Classic box is slightly more expensive than Loot Crate; $19,99 per month for US residents and 30$ for little canadians like me. The box you received every month once you subscribed typically includes at least a figurine or two, and always a new exclusive shirt, along with other geeky goodies. Every month, they are working with some of the biggest brands in the business and carefully select uber-nerdy items that every geeks will deeply love: It's like Comic Con and Christmas in a box! The biggest difference with Loot Crate is that they don't have a theme every month, they only announce brands with whom they're working.
So what is cool and singular with Nerd Block? Well, aside from their 'Classic Box', Nerd block launched their Junior box for boys and girls for $13,99 along with their brand new Horror box for $19,99, it's so cool right? I'll definitely subscribe for the first horror block, which will arrive at the end of June!

So here's what I received this month on my Classic Nerd Block box with a theme like Star Wars and Marvel comics. (sorry in advance for the dark photos, I took them at night)
Darth Vader plus Value: 10$
Fett is coming shirt Value: 15$-ish
The Amazing Spider-Man 001 Fan Expo exclusive comic Value: ?
Nintendo Keychain Value: 5$-ish
Papercraft playset Value:15$
Stick-it Pad  Value:8$-ish
Overall feeling: I've read on the internet that this month's box was not the same quality as past items and, even if I can't compare since it's my first month, I have to agree. Some of the stuff like a sticky pad and a key chain were not really A+ items and kinda disappointed me. I also received the green Boba Fett shirt, and probably would have prefered the black one. They should totally add a preferential colour for the shirts when you sign up. But still, I am happy. I love my Spider-Man exclusive comic - that I didn't read yet - and my Darth Vader plush as well, even if I wish I'd receive the Chewbacca one (Kimberley already has so many Darth Vader thingies). Oh! And the Star Wars papercraft playset will definitely be a great addition to my bookshelf as a cute decoration. I'll give a big 8 out of 10 for this month's box and will wait until next month for the June box to really make my decision if I stay subscribed to Nerd Block or not. 

Want to subscribe? Here! :)

Not sure? See how it works here and get tempted!


No comments:

Post a Comment